Friday, April 4, 2008

Home again



It is so good to be home again. House hunting was tiring, and I ended up sick. Toward the end of the week, we found out our transfer has been delayed, and didn't have a lot of explanation as to what would happen. Through all the frustration and many unanswered questions, Ghost and I put off buying a house and were able to enjoy our weekend with some sight seeing.


It was the opening weekend of the Cherry Blossom festival. The trees were absolutely beautiful! Of course, we walked past the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and the newer World War II Memorial. We also took some time to enjoy a few museums. This helped get me a little more excited about moving to a new home. There are so many things I will be able to enjoy with my family and many of them don't cost a penny!


We ended up picking up our kids a day early. They didn't have a clue we were coming, but were elated when we showed up sooner than expected. After over a week away from them, I am able to see what blessings each of them are to me. I have been a little more patient, and really taken the time to enjoy all the love they have to offer. As the saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment