For those of you who know our family, you will know that we love being outdoors. The mild fall is wonderful and a welcome change from Wisconsin. We have found several fun spots to hike, but our favorite is probably Shenandoah National Park. Today we spent the day there enjoying a waterfall hike. I was really proud of the kids. We hiked 4+ miles and they all made it without complaining! Cutie Pie did ride in a backpack most of the way. The scenery is gorgeous. The fingerprints of God are evident everywhere. The beauty helps remind me how majestic and awesome He is.
This picture is really from our first trip into the park several weeks ago. I thought I would include it anyways.
Here is our starting point at a beautiful overlook.
The kids had fun climbing on the rocks. The trail followed this creek most of our hike.
I just liked this scenery.
Dark Hollow falls.
Happy to be done.
BluePony and Elefly worked as a great team. At one point they were holding hands and pulling each other up the hills.
On our way out of the park we saw several cars pulled over and figured there had to be something interesting that everyone was looking at. Sure enough, there was a large black bear at the top of a tree enjoying a tasty meal. It was hard to get a good picture. I guess that means we were a safe distance away.
We ended our day by catching the end of the sunset.
Beautiful!
Great pictures! I wish I could have gone with you.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures made me CRY! I miss my mountains. . .I'm glad you are able to enjoy them!
ReplyDelete