Today we went to the local immigration office to be fingerprinted. This is great news to us! We received notice that we had an appointment for August 13. That is several weeks away. Thankfully, we found out that our local office takes you as long as you have the appointment letter. They don't look at the date. So we went, and we had no problems. Now we wait for our approval letter. Not sure how long that will take. Hopefully it will be here in less than a month. We were already fingerprinted at our local Sheriff's office. Thankfully they both have the new digital machines...no messy ink.
Also this week we have had the privilege of hosting three boys from China. They have been a lot of fun. It has been an interesting week with their very limited English and my non-existent Chinese. I have tried to learn a few phrases but probably butcher them when I try to say them. Guess I need to keep working on that. I would post pictures, but I am not sure it is allowed. If I find out different, I will add them later.
The boys are 10 and 11 years old, very polite, and like to be silly. They have eaten everything we have given them, thankfully. Last night, our neighbors came and talked some to the boys. Our neighbors are from Singapore and speak fluent Mandarin. They did say that the boys are happy at our home. We will all miss them when they leave in the morning. I think Cole will miss them the most. He has thoroughly enjoyed having three "brothers" for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment