Saturday, February 22, 2014

The wait is over...not really

Yesterday morning I woke up and began my usual morning chores. I picked up my phone to do a quick check of my emails. I saw one from our case manager for our adoption with the subject "possible referral???"  Of course I opened it immediately. It wasn't the right day for new children's profiles to be uploaded to the database, even though I know that they can be added at any time. Usually they are added the last Monday of the month. That would be this coming Monday. Our adoption agency also has an orphanage they partner with and they are waiting for medical reports for a group of kids to get processed within the next few weeks. When I opened the email it said that she happened to pull up the database and a few kids popped up. One she thought would fit our family.  We received a referral one month ago which we turned down. I was very nervous that this, too, would be more than we felt we could handle. I look at the pictures first. He was IS adorable. Now on to the medical report. It was a little old, from last summer. We don't have time to get an update, only 72 hours to decide and fill out paperwork. When I read through it, I saw that his special need is mild and something we could totally handle.

Since we have a big family, and this is going to affect every single one of us, we need to discuss this together.  Everyone's opinion counts in something like this. Once everyone was home for the evening we had a family meeting. There is always some uncertainty. We know he is being raised in an orphanage. We know he was abandoned at around seven months old. (I cannot even imagine the struggle and heartbreak of that mother) We know only the little bit of information the medical report gives us. During our family meeting my son prayed for us and asked God to let is know if this is the boy for us.  In the end, our decision was unanimous as a family. We said YES!

Now we get to wait a little more. Not nearly as much as we have already. We wait for several approvals and will have to fill out more paperwork (that's the easy way to put it). Hopefully we will travel this summer.  I think this part of the wait will actually be harder knowing what his precious face looks like, but not being able to snuggle him and love him like we will in only a few more months.  I.  Cannot. Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment