So this year will be bring even more changes. First, we moved about 6 weeks ago. There are many changes involved with moving in itself - new church, new house, job change, getting to know our new neighborhood, etc. Well, we have also decided to homeschool.
I really feel that God has called me to take this on for this coming year. I was always in the mind frame that I would never homeschool. I probably even said that more than once. I didn't see much benefit from it. I had several friends who homeschooled and that was fine, but I wasn't going to do that with my family. Well, I should know not to say "never". Whenever that comes out of my mouth, I usually end up doing that very thing soon. This past spring, it came to my mind to think about homeschooling. It felt like it was out of the blue, but I believe it was clearly God speaking to me. A couple of days later, BluePony asked me if I could teach her at home next year. This threw me for a loop! At this point I was still wondering where this was coming from. I began to pray and do research. I searched online, talked to other homeschooling parents, and read quite a few books. After talking to Ghost, he wanted me to wait to see what the new schools were like after we moved. Once we moved, I visited the school and got the registration forms for my three oldest kids. I brought them home, but could not fill them out. There was this awful feeling in my heart every time I tried to start filling them out. They sat on my counter for a few weeks, still blank. Now, I was still praying and finally decided to listen to where I was being led. Ghost and I talked and it was pretty much up to me since most of the responsibility would fall to me.
So, we are taking the plunge and trying homeschooling for a year. I am really excited and so are the kids. They thought it was great to go through all my old bulletin board decorations from my teaching days and decorate our school room. I am really hoping that I will see great things happen in my family this year. Not only do I want to see them soar academically, but also that we will pull together and be come a stronger, closer family. Here is a verse that I kept turning back to during this decision process.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding; in all you ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your path straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6
I love that verse and I'm so excited to hear how the homeschooling goes next year. I'm anticipating our school year with mixed feelings - it will be nice to have some time with Sweet Pea, but it's so hard to hand the boys off for others to take care of for so long each day. We are looking forward to seeing you all!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! I know you will do a great job Homeschooling your children! I will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a huge change in your life! I'm proud of you, sounds like it was a trust and obey moment for you. Let us know how it goes, and take pictures of your bulletin board! :)
ReplyDelete