Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Great Wall, and other sights.

What an amazing day. The Great Wall is spectacular!  We visited the Juyong Pass section of the wall. Out guide gave us plenty of time to explore. Tim carried Luke in a carrier. I got the backpack with water and snacks. I was glad we took plenty of water, because we needed it. Pictures do not do justice to the Great Wall. Not only is it phenomenal just to see, but it is steep. VERY STEEP!  We weren't sure how far we would go, but at each tower we would rest and then head to the next one. The steps were very uneven. Some were only a few inches high, and others were at least 18" high. I was very thankful for the hand rails. We finally made it to the top of the section after about and hour a fifteen minutes of climbing. (You can't see the top from the pictures. Not. Even. Close) My legs were like jelly walking back down!

Next, we headed back towards the city where our guide stopped for a quick photo of the Olympic Park. I only peeked through the windows because I had a little boy sleeping in my lap. Tim was able to take a few pictures and then we headed to lunch. 

We ate at a local Chinese place and it was delicious. If you know me at all, you know I am a very picky eater, but this food was delicious. We will not need dinner tonight we filled up on so much food. 

We also visited a jade factory today. It was very interesting to see how jade is carved and finished into the final product to sell. 

And if you were wondering, Luke slept great last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment